A typical web hosting server hosts a number of different accounts which all use the same server resources. If one website uses too many resources, it can slow down, crash or shut down the entire server. This is unfortunately quite common for web hosting servers and happens, for example because of:
- Traffic spikes – a website becomes popular because the owner ran a competition which sent thousands of visitors to the website in minutes and overwhelms the server with a high load and causing downtime.
- Inefficient coding – a single bug in one website’s code can use all the CPU resources, no matter how powerful the server, and cause downtime.
- Denial Of Service attacks DDOS – hackers invade an insecure website and hog the server resources.
Security is also always an issue on typical web hosting servers as users can see other users information, files, usernames etc.
CLOUDlinux uses CageFS.
CageFS is a virtualized file system and a set of tools to contain each user in its own 'cage'. Each customer will have its own fully functional CageFS, with all the system files, tools, etc.
The benefits of CageFS are:
- Only safe binaries are available to user
- User will not see any other users, and would have no way to detect presence of other users & their usernames on the server
- User will not be able to see server configuration files, such as apache config files.
We eliminate these threats by using CLOUDlinux technology, an operating system specifically designed to address the weaknesses and risks associated with shared web hosting.
CLOUDlinux uses innovative Lightweight Virtualization Environment (LVE) technology to create isolation between websites on a shared server. By containing each website, each account has its own dedicated slice of CPU, Memory (RAM) and entry processes, isolating it from every other account on the server giving you increased server density, greater stability and enhanced reliability.
CLOUDlinux prevents each one from using more resources (CPU, entry processes and memory) than allocated, making sure that one website cannot affect another.
CLOUDlinux gives you peace of mind that your website is protected from other sites on the same server.
You can monitor your resources in your cPanel.
And click on the Resource Usage icon for resource usage graphs